Senior Frontend Engineer
Senior Front-end Engineer
What’s the team like?
We are using technology and innovation to make the process of owning and investing in property simple and straightforward. To date - we have loaned £1 billion, but we have set the bar much higher.
We hire people who are passionate about solving real-world problems in an exciting, dynamic, collaborative and fun environment.
Our engineering teams, split into cross functional teams that look after the investor, loan engine and borrower platforms, providing the technology and innovation that allows us to grow and evolve as a business. Without them, we could not achieve the goals we set as a company. From building a brand new microservices architecture to introducing 3rd party services to enable efficiencies or expansion, the challenges are never ending.
We rely heavily on React and Redux consuming RESTful APIs built using PHP7, Symfony3, Node.JS and MySQL. We use AWS, Docker and Kubernetes for infrastructure.
What you'll be doing
- Build frameworks and processes to accomplish technical excellency across all Front-end projects
- Mentoring more junior members of the team with a variety of techniques including explaining advanced technical techniques and pair programming.
- Take complex requirements and confidently design and implement solutions
- Create responsive website layout/user interface
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
What we need you to have?
- CSS & Sass or other preprocessing engine
- Confidence in working with RESTIsh APIs
- Experience with modelling the Front-end architecture
- You’re passionate about building products offering effective User Experience You are collaborative and prefer to work as a team rather than as an individual
- You have experience with ReactJS, Redux stack
It would be great if you've got the following:
- As a senior developer you will have strong and deep technical knowledge across most (but not necessarily) all of the above technical areas.
- Worked on some highly scalable microservices,
- Understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Knowledge of Node.JS
- Knowledge of AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Keen interest in finance or property and industry disruption
- You came across Atomic Design principles
- Knowledge of any functional language or experience with functional patterns
What you’ll get in return
- Chance to always be learning. We won’t ever expect you to do the same thing over and over. We want to give you new opportunities to become the best engineer you can be.
- An open-plan working environment
- Vitality Health Insurance (This includes Private Medical, Subsidised Gym, Wellness)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Matched pension contributions up to 4%
- Discretionary share-option scheme
- 25 days’ holiday
- Enhance maternity/paternity pay
- Various discounts via PerkBox
- Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
- Brown Bag and a lunch from a local restaurant every Friday
- A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks are available each day
- A MacBook or other workstations of your choice to complete your work
- A committed Social Committee and Sports clubs (Netball, Football)
What we are About
LendInvest (www.lendinvest.com) is the UK’s leading online platform for property finance and investing. Since launching in 2008, LendInvest has lent over £1.5 billion ($1.9 billion) to help buy, build or renovate over 5,000 homes across the UK.
LendInvest uses technology to provide borrowers with short-term bridging finance, development finance and Buy-To-Let; and investors that include retail investors (in our London Stock Exchange listed bond), investors on our Online Investment Platform and some of the world’s largest financial institutions, with stable income secured against property.
LendInvest is still majority owned by the founders and staff of the business, but has also raised equity from the same investors that founded Skype, and early investors in financial technology businesses like Klarna, Stripe and SoFi.
"We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and value inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.”