Business Development Manager
What are we about and the role
LendInvest (www.lendinvest.com) is the UK’s leading online platform for property finance and investing. Since launching in 2008, LendInvest has lent over £1.5 billion ($1.9 billion) to help buy, build or renovate over 5,000 homes across the UK.
LendInvest uses technology to provide borrowers with short-term bridging finance, development finance and Buy-To-Let; and investors that include retail investors (in our London Stock Exchange listed bond), investors on our Online Investment Platform and some of the world’s largest financial institutions, with stable income secured against property.
LendInvest is still majority owned by the founders and staff of the business, but has also raised equity from the same investors that founded Skype, and early investors in financial technology businesses like Klarna, Stripe and SoFi.
LendInvest is looking for a number of Business Development Managers and Associates to join our Sales team. We are looking for people to work from our offices, or to work remotely, or even to do a combination of both, whatever we agree suits best. We are looking for varying levels of experience from Associates to seasoned Sales Managers to join our rapidly expanding business. We are looking for the right people to keep our recent growth going.
The role(s) is to work within the LendInvest Sales Team, to originate Bridging Loan, Development Loan and Buy-to-let mortgage applications and to manage those applications through to the commitment of a signed application from which point our lending operations team will take the deal through to completion. We believe that relationships, and repeat business, are the keys to success.
What's the team like
We have a team of 11 Business Development Managers some being based in our office and others working remotely. We hire people who are passionate about sales and delivering our customers' need for finance. Our team assists brokers and borrowers with their applications for finance presenting the best deal that we can offer, as clearly as we can, to win that business. Our sales team thrives in a fast paced, collaborative and open culture, which encourages people to share their ideas. Relevant training will be provided to fully understand our products and processes.
What we'd like you to have
- Relevant market experience (Bridging or Development finance or Buy-to-Let mortgage market experience) if only at an entry level;
- The ability to work autonomously, while being part of the LendInvest team;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- The ability to develop strong working relationships with intermediaries and borrowers.
What you’ll get in return
- Market competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Private Healthcare (Vitality scheme)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Matched pension contributions
- Discretionary share-options scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Enhance maternity/paternity pay
- Subsidised gym membership via PerkBox
- Various other discounts/benefits via PerkBox
- A MacBook or similar and everything else you need to do your job