Who we are
LendInvest (www.lendinvest.com) is the UK’s leading online platform for property finance and investing. Since launching in 2008, we’ve lent over £1.5bn ($1.9bn) to help our borrowers buy, build or renovate over 5,000 homes across the UK.
We use technology to provide property professionals with short-term bridging finance, development finance and Buy-to-Let mortgages, and investors – from retail investors (in our London Stock Exchange listed bond), to high-net-worth investors on our Online Investment Platform, to some of the world’s largest financial institutions – with stable income secured against property.
Our founders and staff remain the majority owners of the business, but we’re also proud to be backed by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs, with equity investment from the co-founder of Skype and early investors in fintech businesses like Klarna, Stripe and SoFi.
We’re looking for an Executive Assistant to work closely with our two co-founders, and, where necessary, support the rest of the executive team. Both co-founders have a busy schedule and will need help managing their diaries, organising travel, taking care of various business and personal arrangements, and much more.
Ideally, you will have already worked in a similarly busy and varied role.
What you’ll be doing
- Organisation and management of international and national travel for the CEO & Co-founder (including flights, hotel bookings and, on occasion, itineraries).
- Communicating with both internal and external board members to organise board and committee meetings.
- Management of the company calendar, including company socials and company updates.
- Booking breakfasts/lunches/dinners on behalf of the CEO & Co-founder.
- Diary management and prioritisation for the CEO & Co-founder.
- Filtering through all phone calls, mail and, at times, emails for the CEO & Co-founder and directing appropriately.
- On occasion, attending, recording and distributing minutes for meetings (for committees such as the credit committee).
- Assisting with organising a quarterly offsite for the executive team.
- Working across different time zones on occasion (US, Australia, etc).
- Organising the company's Brown Bags (lunch and learn) for Friday lunches.
- Sending out communications on behalf of the CEO via email (invitations to round table dinners and other regular events hosted by senior management, etc).
- Reconciling expenses and credit cards on a monthly basis.
- Liaising with the PR and Communications team to ensure the CEO is prepared for any press interviews, including agendas.
- Ad-hoc tasks for the CEO & Co-founder as and when they arise, e.g. printing and binding.
What we’d need you to have
- Must have previous experience as an Executive Assistant within a fast-paced business.
- Previously worked with executive, managing director or founder level personnel.
- Great at building relationships with key stakeholders around the business.
- Excellent communication skills.
What we’d like you to have
- Ideally, you’ll have experience working in a fintech or financial institution.
What you’ll get in return
- Private medical cover (Vitality)
- Matched pension contributions
- Discretionary share-options scheme
- 25 days’ holiday
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Subsidised gym membership
- Various other discounts and benefits
- Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
- Cooked lunch on Fridays from a local restaurant
- A selection of breakfast cereals, fresh fruits and snacks available every day