What are we about?
LendInvest (www.lendinvest.com) is the UK’s leading online platform for property finance and investing. Since launching in 2008, LendInvest has lent over £1.5 billion ($1.9 billion) to help buy, build or renovate over 5,000 homes across the UK.
LendInvest uses technology to provide borrowers with short-term bridging finance, development finance and Buy-To-Let; and investors that include retail investors (in our London Stock Exchange listed bond), investors on our Online Investment Platform and some of the world’s largest financial institutions, with stable income secured against property.
LendInvest is still majority owned by the founders and staff of the business, but has also raised equity from the same investors that founded Skype, and early investors in financial technology businesses like Klarna, Stripe and SoFi.
What’s the team like?
You will be joining a small team of risk and compliance professionals, working together to help LendInvest grow sustainably. We are building the 2nd line, so an opportunity to collaborate at all levels and help develop relationships and compliance support across the business. Reporting to the Director of Risk and Compliance, your views, experience and support is needed in order to build a structured and organised risk function.
What’s my day to day going to be like?
Every day will bring a mixture of tasks and challenges. This is a scratch build, so you will support the business in creating a proportionate risk framework. Initially with a focus on operational risk, but to expand to other enterprise risks. The plan will be to help the process of defining and agreeing appetites, key appetite indicators, and facilitate appropriate reporting against those appetites at Risk Committee. You will design and produce the risk committee packs.
This is a hands on role, so in addition to helping develop the framework, you will take responsibility for all activities required to develop and manage the risk register, report on top risks and present these for acceptance or remediation. You will work with the business to oversee and validate any remediation actions.
Working across all levels in the business to help identify, measure, manage and report on risks, you will use recognised risk processes, from developing incident reporting to implementing RCSA’s and control testing, in order to help the business develop risk maturity such that it meets regulatory and investor expectations, and its management are well informed.
What we need you to have?
The business includes a regulated AIFM, a listed bond, and a regulated property lending business, we need you to have solid experience in Enterprise or Operational Risk Management.
It’s important you have the Risk skills to demonstrate the following :
- Expertise in developing risk frameworks, agreeing appetites with stakeholders and producing Key Appetite Indicators.
- Expertise in managing risk incidents, aggregating and reporting on trends or escalations, and providing oversight on their acceptance or remediation.
- Providing training and support on RCSA’s, facilitating their completion in collaboration with business units, and helping with the implementation and testing of key controls where necessary.
- An ability to work within the business supporting development, in a collaborative way, and earn respect quickly.
- Good technical reporting skills in Excel or similar.
What we’d like you to have
- Experience in an AIFM, and / or regulated mortgage lending processes.
- Experience in supporting risk and control activities across IT infrastructure.
- Experience building risk frameworks, and implementing them in regulated businesses, where risk maturity is developing.
- Loads of enthusiasm and energy in order to engage the business and embed the framework.
What you’ll get in return
- Matched pension contributions up to 4%
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Discretionary share-option scheme
- 25 days’ holiday
- Enhance maternity/paternity pay
- Subsidised gym membership via PerkBox
- Various other discounts/benefits via PerkBox
- Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
- Cooked lunch on Fridays from a local restaurant
- A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks are available each day