What’s the team like?
We are using technology to make the process of owning and investing in property simple and straightforward. To date - we have loaned £1 billion, but we have set the bar much higher.
We hire people who are passionate about solving real-world problems in an exciting, dynamic, collaborative and fun environment.
Our engineering teams, split into multi-functional teams that look after the investor, loan engine and borrower platforms, providing the technology and innovation that allows us to grow and evolve as a business. Without them, we could not achieve the goals we set as a company. From building a brand new microservices architecture to introducing 3rd party services to enable efficiencies or expansion, the challenges are never-ending.
We rely heavily on React and Redux consuming RESTful APIs built using PHP7, Symfony3, Node.JS and MySQL. We use AWS, Docker and Kubernetes for infrastructure.
We are looking to grow our Engineering team with an experienced and charismatic development manager who will lead multiple multi-functional teams consisting of c15-20 developers. The majority of the team is based in our London HQ, with a smaller near-shore team. You will partner with our existing experienced development manager/architect and report directly to the VP of Engineering.
You will have retained enough technical nous to gain the respect of the team but this is predominantly a hands-off role. You will be experienced in building dynamic teams who are at the forefront of our technology. You will also have significant experience in recruiting talent at all levels. Your role in recruitment, retention and the development of the team is core.
You will have tried experience in developing team members, training, coaching and mentoring them to achieve the most that they can for themselves and Lendinvest. You will partner with the rest of the Engineering leadership team to ensure that the overall team are keeping ahead of changes in technology and ensuring that their skills are continually developed and growing.
What You’ll be Doing
- Recruit, onboard and retain the best engineering talent.
- Conduct regular 1:1’s and performance evaluations of direct reports.
- Lead, develop and motivate your team by providing clear direction, opportunities for learning.
- Lead any individual performance problems.
- Deliver high quality, well designed technical solutions.
- Help to foster and support a high-performance culture across the engineering team.
- Help refine our agile processes so that we are continually improving.
- Represent LendInvest at industry events alongside your peers
You Have Experience with the Following:
- Experience of coaching, growing and motivating medium to large size agile development teams
- Current managerial experience Engineers
- High-levels of communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with testing, knowledge of functional design patterns, comfortable with working with microservices and cloud computing (AWS).
- Experience in handling on-shore and near-shore teams is advantageous
- Experience with Agile
What You’ll Get in Return
- An open-plan working environment
- Private Healthcare (Vitality)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Matched pension contributions up to 4%
- Discretionary share-option scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Enhance maternity/paternity pay
- Various discounts/benefits via PerkBox (Including Gym, food and cinema)
- Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
- Cooked lunch on Friday's from a local restaurant
- A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks are available each day
What We Are About:
LendInvest (www.lendinvest.com) is the UK’s leading online platform for property finance and investing. Since launching in 2008, LendInvest has lent over £1.5 billion ($1.9 billion) to help buy, build or renovate over 5,000 homes across the UK.
LendInvest uses technology to provide borrowers with short-term bridging finance, development finance and Buy-To-Let; and investors that include retail investors (in our London Stock Exchange listed bond), investors on our Online Investment Platform and some of the world’s largest financial institutions, with stable income secured against property.
LendInvest is still majority owned by the founders and staff of the business, but has also raised equity from the same investors that founded Skype, and early investors in financial technology businesses like Klarna, Stripe and SoFi.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and value inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.