What are we about
LendInvest is a fast-growing and FinTech business that’s shaping the future of property finance. Since launching in 2008 (as Montello, we rebranded in 2013), our investors have invested in over £1 billion of loans to buy, build or renovate almost 4,000 properties around the UK. We’ve built a highly scalable business model and have secured £39 million equity investment to date from the likes of Atomico, the European venture capital fund led by Skype founder, Niklas Zennström.
LendInvest is the world’s largest online marketplace for property lending and investing, as well as one of the UK’s most exciting FinTech companies. In the last few months we’ve been named in the Sunday Times’ Disrupt 10, a list of the ten most disruptive businesses in the UK, and we debuted at #37 in the 2017 Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
Check out our awesome engineering careers page to find out what it's really like at LendInvest: https://www.lendinvest.com/careers/meet-the-teams/engineering/
What’s the team like
We are using technology and innovation to make the process of owning and investing in property simple and straightforward. To date - we have loaned £1 billion, but we have set the bar much higher.
We hire people who are passionate about solving real-world problems in an exciting, dynamic, collaborative and fun environment.
What you’ll be doing
This role will sit within our newly formed web delivery team who are responsible for all our external websites (Built on WordPress) and online tools, such as calculators, that help investors and borrowers better understand LendInvest’ unique investing/lending propositions. This team works closely with Marketing and Product to deliver new functionality to our sites.
What we need you to have
- Solid understanding of responsive web design
- In-depth knowledge of SCSS/SASS & cross-browser multi-device implementation
- Previous experience with a major front-end CSS framework (Bootstrap/Foundation preferred)
- Expert knowledge of WordPress core, plugins (With the ability to write your own in PHP), theming, hooks, the WP Codex and the overall WP ecosystem
- Comfort with a git based workflow using Local / Staging / Production development environments
- A commitment for keeping your code clean and well organised
What we’d like you to have
- Experience in the use of external/internal APIs
- An interest in how users see a site and the ways we can improve the way they
- An interest in visual design (colors coupling, typography, spaces)
- Comfort with command line tools
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, converting PSDs mockup into web pages.
What you’ll get in return
- Always be learning. We won’t ever expect you to do the same thing over and over. We want to give you new opportunities to become the best engineer you can be.
- Make a measurable difference. We’re here to change the way the world deals with property by making it accessible for all.
- A relaxed open-plan working environment
- Private Healthcare (Vitality)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Matched pension contributions up to 4%
- Discretionary share-option scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Enhance maternity/paternity pay
- Subsidised gym membership via PerkBox
- Various other discounts/benefits via PerkBox
- Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
- Cooked lunch on Friday's from a local restaurant
- A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks are available each day
- A MacBook or similar and everything else you need to do your job and a great team all working towards a common goal.